TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO BE AN ADULT ON THE MOVE
We are all adults on the move – in our own way. Welcome to find your way!
If you feel that exercising is not your thing, try to include physical activity in your daily life. On this page, you can get help and advice on how to increase physical activity in your life without you even noticing.
No one sets requirements for your physical activity – it is your decision. You have the courage and power to change your habits.
What’s the proper amount of activity?
Start with these easy steps
- Get up and walk while you talk on the phone.
- Exercise together with a friend. If you have agreed to meet with someone, it is less likely that you will cancel it.
- Take the stairs. Use an elevator only when you are carrying something.
- Play around with children or pets.
- Walk or cycle to your workplace. Your body will not recognize if you are commuting or using an exercise bike.
- Make light movements or stretches while watching TV.
- Open the front door and go out. That is the most difficult step. It does not matter what you do there, as long as you decide to step out.
The decisive moments of an orienteering competition or perhaps the biggest mushroom catch of all times? Wood Chopping World Championship Tournament at the Olympic Stadium or just chopping some firewood for the sauna? The decisive game of the Grand Slam Töölö Open Tournament or perhaps beating rugs in the backyard?
It does not matter because movement is always good for you. So, choose to be active!
Weekday activity and mercy
Starting a more active lifestyle requires small steps and patience. Weekday activity, motivation and mercy are the keywords.